He is my Strength!!!

He is my Strength!!!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

18 years.....SERIOUSLY?!?!



It does not seem possible that my 'baby', my first born is almost 18 years old.  I remember when he was born & I thought 18 years sounded like an eternity to be responsible for his life & well being.  WRONG!  Something happens after we, the parents, turn 21-25.  Somehow time seems to speed up & before you know it your little children are towering over you & ready to leave home.  I have so many mixed emotions about his birthday, his high school graduation & mostly his enlistment into the Air Force.  The 1st of those being an extreme sense of pride...HE DID IT, WE DID IT!!  Then the sadness creeps in, sad to see him leave.  I will miss my boy.  Even though at times he drove me absolutely insane, we have gotten extremely close over the past few years.  I'll miss his sense of humor, seeing his smile & just his presence in the house.  It will be a big change not to have him here on a daily basis.  He has such a big personality, it will be an adjustment for all of us.  I'm worried that he's not ready to leave.  That he'll be scared or need help with something & then I realize that it's not him that's not ready...it's me.  I hate change, don't do well with the unknown, my anxiety starts to eat me alive.  I know my son, I know he's smart & loves to meet new people.  I know in my heart that the military will be the best choice for his future & that he's planned on being in the military since he was 5 years old.  (When his Uncle left for the Marine's)  I just didn't think it would happen so fast.  His birthday isn't until May 29th but that will be a busy week here.  Right after his birthday, he graduates on June 1st & then he will leave for boot camp in July.  I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday Trev!  Thank you for the past 18 years.  I feel blessed & grateful to have been able to raise you & I'm proud of the man that you've become!  I love you more than you will ever know.  Please don't forget about your Momma when you begin this new chapter in your life.  :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment