He is my Strength!!!

He is my Strength!!!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Natural is NOT always better.....

Wow, where to begin....When I left off last I was kind of pregnant & waiting for my body to figure out what was going on.  I've had multiple D&C's & decided this time it would be best for my body to do this naturally.  I am not sure why I am so surprised that things did not go as planned.  Saturday morning I woke up to some mild bleeding & cramping, nothing out of the norm for a regular cycle.  I was actually relieved that my body would actually do this without medical intervention.  My husband was going out of town for the day for his football game.  I assured him that I was fine & sent him on his way.  I grabbed my blanket & decided I would stay on the couch & watch movies for the day.  I preferred the living room since it was closer to the bathroom & I had planned on a lazy day.  The bleeding started to pick up mid morning & by noon I started feeling a little light headed when I would get up to go to the bathroom.  Around 2 p.m. I got up & began to walk towards the bathroom, I felt a BIG gush & got very dizzy.  I made it to the bathroom & was shocked by the amount of blood.  I began to feel very nauseous & dizzy & thought I was going to throw up.  I sat down on the floor in front of the toilet knowing I needed help but had no strength to get up & get to my phone.  My oldest son Trevor (16) was in his room sleeping but I didn't want to worry him. I sat on the floor for a few minutes, maybe even seconds trying to come up with a plan.  By now I am sweating profusely & getting scared.  I managed to get up off the floor & head towards the door.  The next thing I remember is waking up on the floor behind the door, with the hamper of dirty laundry all over me.  I sat there for a while trying to piece together what had happened.  The nausea came back & I crawled back over to the toilet.  I remember feeling so hot, my hair was beginning to feel wet at my hairline & now fear has set in.  This is bad.  I pulled myself up on the counter, thought maybe some cool water would help me out.  I caught a glimpse in the mirror, it wasn't a pretty sight.  My face had no color, I mean even less than I already have...my lips looked white.  Apparently I wasn't prepared for that since the next thing I can remember is waking up half in the bath tub & half out.  I could taste blood in my mouth & when I tried to get up my body wouldn't cooperate.  My arms felt like Jello. I had no choice, I called out for my son.  I waited...he couldn't hear me.  It took everything in me but I called his name again.  He came to the door but would not open it, asked if I was ok.  All I could say was NO.  He ran to get our neighbor & he called 911.  My neighbor came over & got me off the floor & onto my couch.  I can remember being so hot & so thirsty.  A police officer is the next person I see.  He is shining a flash light in my eyes & telling me to follow the light....I thought I was.  I'm worried about Trevor & I see the fear on his face. I told him to go & call his grandma.  I figure if ANYONE can keep my son busy & talking, it's her.  Soon my living room has a lot of people in it.  The fire truck showed up, the police & now here's the ambulance.  At this point all I am thinking is about my son.  I am worried about him & upsetting him, then I see my brother is here.  Everything is now ok, he will take care of everything.  I get loaded onto the stretcher & I am so tired, no one will let me just sleep...all the stupid questions.  They are trying to find my pulse, no luck.  As soon as I get into the ambulance, they check my blood pressure & it's 74/42.  Oooh, That's not good.  Here comes the I.V., takes a little longer than usual when you can't find a vein.  The E.M.T. is talking non-stop the entire ride.  At one point I even told him that I was tired & just wanted to sleep. Glad now that he wouldn't let me.  I ended up getting an emergency D&C, so much for trying the natural  route.  The final diagnosis was  Hypovolemic Shock.  I learned my lesson the hard way, you really do need all of your blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment