He is my Strength!!!

He is my Strength!!!

Monday, March 29, 2010

and.....we're still waiting!

So I had my 2 week check up today.  Not much to report.  I was hoping for those darn test results but no such luck.  Dr. called the lab & they said it could take weeks to get them back, since it has already been 2 weeks I am assuming they meant WEEEEKS!!  Patience is not one of my strong points.  I did find out that I have lost 10lbs in the past 2 weeks.  I was really happy with that number, my dr.....not so much.  Let's face it, I am not going to wither away.  I can spare 10lbs, I can spare MORE than 10 lbs.  I asked about getting on birth control.  That conversation did not go as I had planned.  She seemed very opposed to my request, of course ultimately I won that fight.  I am plenty old enough to decide if I would like to prevent a pregnancy, especially a pregnancy that may not have a great outcome.   I thought it made absolute sense to get on BC until we hear back about all of these test results.  She had every reason under the sun about why I should just wait it out....whatever.  I will admit that after trying for 2 years to have a baby it seems strange to be starting the pill. 


On a different note, I will be starting a job this week.  Not exactly where I imagined I would start working but I really need to get out of this house.  It also helps that my best friend will be my boss, so all in all it's a win-win situation.  I will actually have to wake up & shower, leave the house & interact with people....LOTS of people.  I am looking forward to the people part just not the wake up early part.  And I can't lie, a paycheck sure sounds nice right about now!

No comments:

Post a Comment